FKA - Association of Women Business Leaders in Iceland
FKA is the Association of Women Business Leaders in IcelandFKA is a non-profit professional network for Icelandic business leaders. It was founded in april 1999 and it´s core was to support women to manage and grow their business.
THE AIMS OF FKA:
- To bring together women business leaders in order to make them stronger and more noticed in the business world and in the society.
- To encourage exchange of ideas and knowledge and sharing of experiences, both national and international, between its members.
- To promote business between FKA women.
- To promote exchanges, relationships and development of national and international contacts aimed at reinforcing partnerships and access to new markets.
- To encourage FKA women to use all possible means in order to re-educate themselves and be aware of all the latest developments which may effect the operation of their business.
- To make FKA business women a respected target group in the society for opinions, comments and guidance.
Objectives of FKA:
attention to successful and exemplary businesses and companies.
positives changes in relation to women gender equality.
- Serve the role as an observer in the Icelandic society.
We work with international association sharing the same aims and objectives.
Throughout the years we have worked close with a few, either directly through the Association or through our members:
GSW - Global Summit of Women - FKA is a Global Member Organisation
EUWIIN - European Union Women Inventors & Innovators Network – Part of Kvenn.org
WEB - Women Enhancing Business